- Few Real Ale enthusiasts in England will be unaware of Farnham Beer Exhibition (Beerex) and the fame of this event has spread much further afield.
- Thousands of imbibers descend on the town for a few days in Spring to sample the year's selection of fine ales, ciders and perries.
- Beerex is organised jointly by Farnham Lions Club, Farnham Maltings, CAMRA, and a number of enthusiastic volunteers and is held in the historic Farnham Maltings.
- 75 beers are available from 35-40 breweries and all tastes of bitter, ciders and perries are catered for.
- Hot food is available from the in-house caterers and a BBQ is on offer in the courtyard.
- Live music is played at each session .
- The 2011 event produced a record £32,000 to Farnham Lions Club, which is returned into the community, meeting charitable needs.
- Tickets go on sale on a cold and frosty Sunday morning innearly March with early punters arriving from about 03.00 and tea,coffee and bacon butties are available from about 05.30
To visit their web site click here
2012 Beerex a record year!
Thanks to a massive effort by all involved this year's ebent held in April was a record for the amount of proceeds going to farnham Lions for onward donations to charitable causes. Our receord receipts were £35,996 , a wonderful result!
Farnham Beerex 25th, 26th,27th April 2013
Thursday 25th April, 6.00pm --Tickets available from Farnham Maltings Box Office 01252 745444
Friday 26th April 6.00pm--Sold Out
Saturday 27th April 11.00 am--Sold Out
Saturday 27th April 6.00pm--Sold Out
It's great fun to come along on opening night, all the beers are ready and available and special this year will be the launch of a special William Cobbett Ale to celebrate 250 years of this great Farnhamian.
Hot food, barbecue, live band and folk music!